Junior Digital Marketing Specialist
This is an opportunity to take a lead role in shaping the delivery and development of digital marketing – with a primary emphasis on social media and content services – at a high performing and fast growing digital marketing agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000 pa
Location: Grimsby, Lincolnshire
Experience: All invited to apply
Closing Date: 20/11/2023
Digital Marketing Role
The customers do it all, and so do we. So you’ll have to as well. This means strategy, ideation, content design, implementation and marketing. It means measuring campaigns and making iterations off the back of stats. It means factoring in customer feedback alongside internal company processes.
Whilst we make content, we’re looking for somebody that’s never truly content… with their work that is. If you’re that type, you’ll know what we mean: somebody who doesn’t settle for less. Somebody who seeks out and recommends new ways and innovations. Somebody who continually strives for more. The industry moves fast, we need to move with it. In fact, we should be driving it.
Content is king…
You don’t need to wear a crown, but you’ll need gnarly penmanship skills. Content underpins everything we do. Content always comes first.
Whether it’s a social campaign, website or brochure, content is the chicken… or is that the egg? Either way, you get the drill. Through exemplary content creation and editing, social media input and communication, you will build trusted relationships with clients and the agency team.
- Digital strategies for the design and development team – user research/keywords/sitemaps etc.
- Content strategies – for website content, content marketing and social media marketing etc.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO): developing strategies to increase the number of visitors to a website by achieving high-ranking placements in search results.
- Pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns: sponsored online advertising paid for by the customers to appear alongside non-paid search results.
- Email marketing and other inbound methodology.
- Understanding of marketing software and analytics tools.
- Developing concepts, briefs and content for the design team to bring to life.
- A basic understanding of graphic and web design would be beneficial.
- Some CRM experience wouldn’t go amiss too.
- You’ll need a strong understanding of the wider marketing mix and how your work informs and ties into that of others. Nothing happens in a vacuum; it happens within the workflow of the team.
Key areas include:
- Developing and communicating social media strategies.
- Planning and gaining approval for content calendars, running social media channels, and creating engagement with social content.
- Developing a distinct online presence by attracting high numbers of internet followers through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Influencer marketing, research and building lists then getting social with online targets.
- Listening, responding and commenting.
- A deep understanding of how social and content fit into wider marketing activities is vital for this role.
- Recognising areas of overlap and opportunities to integrate work across multiple channels is a must.
- Support the development of measurement and reporting which helps our clients understand the value of our services and informs future strategies.
- Creating, implementing, managing and tweaking paid campaigns on key platforms such as Facebook, Twitter
- Digital and content strategies.
- Creating kick ass content for a variety of platforms including social, blogs and print.
- Creating design briefs with ready-to-implement copy for a variety of platforms including social, blogs and print.
- Provide accurate reports and analysis to clients and company management to demonstrate effective return on investment.
- Research new online media opportunities that may benefit CMA and our clients including mobile, social media, development of blogs and forums.
- Conduct keyword research and web statistics reporting.
- Contribute to social media engagement and brand awareness campaigns.
- Use web analytics software to monitor the performance of client websites and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to company and industry blogs and manage e-communications.
- Assist with paid media – including liaising with digital advertising agencies.
- Working within the team, sharing and collaborating with an equal penchant for going Han Solo when needed.
Why Work With CMA?
Heads up – that’s a rhetorical question. We’re a full-service marketing agency with head offices in Grimsby, England, remote hubs across the UK, and US operations in Cambridge, Massachusetts. At CMA, we believe in the power of creative marketing. We’re driven by excellence in service, dedication to our clients, adherence to data and a positive, can-do attitude.
Creating Seriously Good
There’s No ‘I’ in Team Unless It’s ‘Teaming Up
Which really makes no sense. What does make sense is this: people don’t work for CMA. They work with CMA. Like a Casio MS-80S Calculator, we are a sum of our parts. We are on a mission together. One to create opportunities. To create careers. And to do so by creating brilliant work.
It’s simple mathematics. At CMA, we don’t just hire individuals; we build a community. We’re on a journey to make a difference and unlock potential. Are you ready to join us?
Things You’ll Love
- Global presence: Join a team with a global reach, working on projects that span the world.
- Hybrid workplace: Experience the best of both worlds with remote and in-office work options.
- Cool technology: Stay on the cutting edge of tech and tools.
- Cutting-edge expertise: Learn from the best in the business.
- Competitive salaries: Your hard work is rewarded.
- Career development: Fuel your growth and learning.
At CMA, no day is ever the same. Be prepared for exciting challenges, diverse projects and a continuous stream of inspiration. Our fast-paced environment keeps things interesting.
Your career with CMA is a journey. With every project, you’re learning and growing. We invest in your future with training, workshops and mentorship programmes.
Outside of working with the best team on the planet, what else can you expect? Here’s a few other sprinkles to dust your doughnut:
- Unleash Your Potential: At CMA, the sky’s not the limit; it’s just the beginning. We encourage you to reach for the stars and support you all the way.
- Career Development: Our commitment to your growth is more than just a promise. We provide training, workshops and mentorship programs.
- Healthy Time Off: You’ll get time for yourself – be it vacations, personal leave or celebrating your birthday in style.
- Bonuses: We believe in sharing the success. Enjoy a variety of bonuses, from referrals to perks and revenue sharing.
- Respect and Inclusion: Your voice matters, and we value it. We’re all part of the CMA family.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: We understand the importance of work-life balance. You can tailor your work to suit your lifestyle.
- Creative Freedom: Your ideas are your own, and we encourage you to bring them to life. Make your mark with us.
- Modern Workplace: We provide a dynamic, modern environment, complete with coffee and the occasional pool game.
- Social Events: Our bond doesn’t stop at the workplace. We organise fun social events, ensuring that we not only work together but also hang out together.
Collaboration isn’t just a buzzword at CMA; it’s in our DNA. We live and breathe it. When we say we work together, we mean it. Whether it’s solving a complex problem or brainstorming the next big idea, our team thrives on collaboration. It’s about more than just the work; it’s about the journey.
How to apply?
Please send CVs and expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll acknowledge receipt of your application. Those who pop on paper we’ll invite for a chat, including (virtual?) coffee and possibly biscuits (or cookies, if virtual).